Saturday, February 9, 2008

Love Nest Tabbouli


I've been making this recipe for Tabbouli for many years but for the life of me, I cannot recall where I got it from. However, it tastes so good and I mostly make it up at the 'Lovenest'.


Tabbouli


2 cups dried bulgar wheat

2 1/2 cups boiling water

Pour water over bulgar. Mix and let stand 1 hour.


Add:

2 cups chopped tomatoe

2 cups diced english cucumbers (washed, skins on)

1 cup chopped green onion

2 small bunches of fresh mint

1/2 cup fresh parsley


Mix Well.


Dressing:

2-3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped finely

1/2 cup (about 1 lemon) fresh lemon juice

1/2 cup olive oil

2-3 drops tabasco (to taste)

salt and pepper, to taste.


Mix well. Tastes best at room temperature. You will probably need to add more salt as the salt seems to get absorbed into the bulgar.

No comments: