Friday, March 28, 2008

Tapenade...


I had this recipe for ages, but never tried it. Finally, the last time Ashley came for a visit, she talked me into making it as I had all the ingredients. One of the reasons I had never made it was because I knew nobody in my house,but me, would like it. Well, since I had help to eat it and had all the ingredients, Ashley and I made it. It was so good, she and I just stood in the kitchen with a bagette, eating out of the food processer! I used a can of olives I had in the pantry, but, I thought they were pitted...they weren't. Even having to pick out all the pits while we ate, didn't stop us!!


Tapanade

1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives

1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

2 tbsp. olive oil

1 clove of garlic, chopped

1/4 tsp. of both salt and pepper

Anchovy fillets (2 or 3) or more, to taste

1 tbsp. drained capers or more or less to taste


Process to desired consistancy, either chunky or smooth.

Serve on slices of bagettes.

No comments: